Windshield and Auto Glass Claim
Auto Glass Claim Process
You can count on Progressive for quick and convenient service when it comes to a windshield or auto glass claim. When you choose a Progressive-approved glass repair shop, your repair will be guaranteed for as long as you own or lease your car.
How do I report an auto glass claim and what will you do for me?
If you need to file an auto glass claim, do so as soon as possible. This prevents unnecessary costs for everyone involved. If you have the windshield or glass replaced or repaired before you report the claim, you may pay more for the repair.
To file your glass insurance claim online:
- Simply log in and select the option to report an "auto glass only" claim. To verify that you have Comprehensive coverage, please visit your policy declarations page.
- Your insurance claims representative will determine if coverage is available, and work with you to arrange the repair or replacement of your windshield at the location you choose.
- Most windshield and glass repairs are often completed within 48 hours after you file your claim.
Is there a deductible for windshield repairs?
In most cases, Comprehensive coverage is required for an auto glass claim involving only glass damage. When you have this insurance coverage:
You only pay the deductible when your windshield is replaced by a glass shop in the Progressive Insurance network (or another shop that agrees to an established price). Most glass repairs are free.
If both of the following conditions apply, you won’t have to pay a deductible to have your windshield repaired:
- You have Comprehensive coverage and have windshield damage that your policy covers.
- Your windshield can be repaired safely rather than replaced.
Who will fix my windshield or glass?
As a Progressive customer, you can choose who will fix your windshield.
After reporting your claim to Progressive, you have two choices:
- Choose Safelite Auto Glass — the country's largest automobile glass replacement company and an affiliate in Progressive's network of approved glass shops — to fix the damage to your windshield;
- Select any shop outside of the Progressive Insurance network of glass repair shops to do the work.
How will choosing a Safelite Auto Glass or Progressive affiliate benefit me?
- Guarantee — When you select a Progressive-approved glass repair shop, Safelite's National Warranty, as well as a Progressive guarantee, are provided on the work — for as long as you own or lease your vehicle. In contrast, work covered by a glass repair shop outside of Progressive's network will only be covered by that shop's guarantee.
- Convenience — Safelite and Progressive-approved glass shops are mobile and will come to you. You can choose to have your car fixed at work, at home, at a shop — wherever is most convenient for you.
- Quality — Rest assured that your windshield will be fixed correctly because Progressive-approved glass repair shops must meet our strict quality standards.
Please Note: Some services described above are only available to Progressive customers who purchased coverages such as Comprehensive, Collision, Rental Reimbursement, Medical Payments, etc., before their loss. Coverage is subject to the terms of your policy. Please refer to your policy to verify which coverages you have.