A business owner's single greatest risk of lawsuits is from employees. Small businesses can rarely afford the high costs associated with an employment lawsuit. Even a frivolous claim can cost an employer tens of thousands of dollars in attorney fees.
With over 20 years experience in professional liability insurance, Progressive provides broad, specialized coverage for discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, failure to employ or promote, employment-related defamation and more.
Progressive EPLI is designed for small businesses, with premiums as low as $500. Your independent insurance agent or broker can help you decide on the level of coverage that’s right for your needs.
Progressive also has partnered with the country's largest employer defense law firm, Littler Mendelson, P.C., to provide you with the following services, which are included in the EPLI premium:
- Confidential consultation with a Littler Mendelson attorney via toll-free hotline
- Sample employee handbook including policies and procedures
- Online access to legally compliant employee forms and documents, including employment applications, offer letters, I-9 guidelines, performance evaluations and termination checklists
Get a Quote Quickly
Progressive EPLI is offered through independent agents and brokers. Once you provide them with the following information, they should be able to prepare a quote within a few minutes.
- Number of employees
- Recent terminations and lay-offs as a percentage of your workforce
- Anticipated lay-offs, downsizing, plant or office closings
- Claims or threats of claims by employees within the last three years
- Confirmation of written employee policies, including anti-discrimination and harassment policies
- Current Employment Practices Liability Insurance