About Personal Umbrella Insurance
Personal umbrella insurance is coverage that protects your home, property and assets when your home or auto insurance coverage is exhausted.
Example: You’re in an accident where the judge awards the other party $1 million. Your insurance covers up to $500,000, so you’re responsible for the remaining $500,000. Your umbrella insurance will help pay the remaining amount.
Progressive offers limits up to $5 million in umbrella insurance coverage to help protect your home, cars, savings — and your lifestyle.
A Progressive Personal Umbrella Insurance Policy Offers:
- More liability coverage than most insurance policies provide
- Personal injury coverage for slander, libel, wrongful eviction or entry, defamation of character, and malicious prosecution claims and more
- Protection in — and even outside — the U.S.
- Vacation rental coverage that offers liability insurance for rentals such as jet skis and boats
- Coverage for attorney fees and other defense costs
How Umbrella Insurance Can Help You
Juries award damages based on the severity of an accident — not your ability to pay those damages. That means that you could be forced to sell your home and liquidate your assets to cover costs.
A personal umbrella insurance policy provides the extra coverage you need to help protect your car, house, boat, motorcycle and more.
Progressive offers competitive rates for personal umbrella insurance. Talk to your independent insurance agent* to see if a personal umbrella insurance policy from Progressive is right for you.
*Personal umbrella insurance coverage is currently available through select Progressive agents in the following states: